Proceeds from the 5K race and 3K run will benefit the schools of the Brisbane Elementary School District with support from the BEST/PTO.
The Reach for a Star 5K starts and finishes at Sierra Point in Brisbane, CA (the city of stars), just south of San Francisco. The mostly flat course loops around the Sierra point area before going along the San Francisco Bay Trail (bike path), giving participants views of the bay and possibly even some pelicans. The 5K course is USATF certified (certification# CA15001) so that times run in this race would be eligible for records or official Personal Records (PRs).
T-shirts are only guaranteed to those who pre-register by March 7, 2016. Check out the registration page to learn more about prices and how to register.
Timing and result services will be provided by Brazen Racing.
The Reach for a Star 5K is part of the Pacific Association-USA Track & Field (PAUSATF) Road Grand Prix. The race is open to runners and walkers of all abilities; however, PAUSATF membership is required to be eligible for prize money payouts. For information on becoming a member, visit the PA-USATF website.
For those not quite ready to handle the 5K race, there is an option to participate in the 3K (~1.86M) self-timed fun run. Information for fun run registration coming soon.
Information on packet pickup and race day registration will be posed closer to event day. T-shirts and medals will be distributed at the finish.
Reach for a Star 5K start: 8:30am
Student/Community Fun Run start: 9:15am
Pot of Gold Prize Search
St. Patrick's Day is around the corner and the Leprechaun appears to be testing out where to hide his pot of gold.
"Prize" tickets will be hidden along the course for the 5K. Maps revealing the area where prize "tickets" are hidden will be posted on the website a couple days prior to the race. The "tickets" can be exchanged for specified prizes. Note that these "tickets" will not be placed on the course until a little before the race start.
- Cutting the course short is not permitted so prize "tickets" will not be anywhere that would require participants shorten the course.
- "Tickets" will not be located more than 10 feet off the main course path.
- Penthouse stay at San Remo hotel (located in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco) The San Remo Hotel offers the unique old world ambiance" while being located right in the heart of the city. Their rates are very affordable for lodging in city. For more information, visit: San Remo Hotel
- Comp entries for terraloco events (multiple available) terraloco organizes urban and wild map adventures throughout the year in the SF Bay Area. These orienteering events put both your running and map-reading abilities to test. Go solo or work as a team. To find out more about terraloco events check out: http://go-terraloco.blogspot.com
4-leaf Clover Picking
4-leaf clovers are rare finds said to bring luck. Will you be able to pick a 4-leaf clover?
After completion of the race, participants can draw a random "ticket" to see if they won a prize. Bib numbers will be marked for the draw. Prize(s) currently available* for the draw:
- Penthouse stay at San Remo hotel
- Gift Certificates from A Runner's Mind (ARM) store: ARM is Bay Area's specialty running and walking store with locations in San Francisco and Burlingame. This local family owned store is known for expert staff and their weekly group runs. Check out http:///www.arunnersmind.com
- Entry to ARM's Jig & Jog 5K: This St. Patrick's Day themed race takes place in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on March 20, 2016 (the Sunday following the RFAS 5K). For more information visit: http://armjigandjog.com
Other prizes are in the process of being secured. Check back for further updates.
If any of the prizes are unclaimed by the conclusion of the race (those not found or drawn), they will be distributed to people who race staff judge to be showing the most St. Patrick's Day spirit. Note that participants affiliated with the race's organizing club are not eligible to win any of the prizes described above.